Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nature, With a Boost

This year we have a flower garden. Not that we haven't tried before, but the rabbits and deer seem to "win" more than we do. But this year I decided to be more aggressive in my attempt to grow flowers, for both decorative purposes and photography.

We put a fence in front of the front walk, close to the house for maximum control, and I have been nurturing a variety of flowers and plants for a few weeks now. Not known for my green thumb, I am going to defy all odds this year and demonstrate that I can, indeed, keep flowers not only alive, but thriving for an entire season!

I will keep you updated as the season progresses, and hopefully my posts will be both colorful and fragrant:).
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE that first photo! It almost looks fake, it's so perfect!

S. Etole said...

These are certainly doing beautifully ... I wish you well.

Traci said...

Lovely flowers and photos!

Sandy and Daryl Koch said...

Thank you:). We'll see how the summer progresses!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Hi Sandy! Just scrolling through and catching up here. What lovely flowers! Sorry I have been such a stranger! Thanks for all of your comments on FB and on my blog! I can't wait to here all about your travels! Take care and have a fabulous time!!! :)