In honor of this momentous occasion, let's have a party. A party where "100" is featured.
Do not become concerned if an idea doesn't pop into your head right away. You have one week to come up with something which includes 100. Think party, celebration and fun. Think creatively. Think challenge. Photography is about expressing yourself, and challenging yourself. Here's a real stretcher!
Still at a loss? Here is a non-exhaustive look at the number 100:
100 years ago (something nostalgic-there's wiggle room on the exactness of 100 years):
-the American flag had only 45 stars
100 pieces of something
m&m's, jelly beans, stones, rocks, shells, collections of things, candles on a cake, beads on a necklace, cheerios on a necklace/in a bowl,
- Hanging objects
- Things/someone that weighs 100
- Book titles, like 100 Hungry Ants; I'll Teach my Dog 100 Words
- Song titles, like 100 Years Ago by the Rolling Stones
- Something with 100 on it: $100. bill; film boxes (ISO 100); signs; addresses; ages; dates
- Also check out some websites which give ideas for the First 100 Days of School activities. Part of the early elementary school curriculum in the U.S., it's a huge celebration of the number 100.
- Flickr also has "100 Things to Try Before You Die"
The prizes? If you sign in and post to my blog on Tuesday, July 14, you will be entered in a drawing for a give-away. I will offer a print image, or greeting cards. When you sign in you'll need to tell me which you would prefer. As soon as I choose the actual items I will send off, I will post a picture. Being visual, it would definitely help me make my decision. You do not have to post a "party photo" on your blog to be entered in the drawing, but why miss out on the fun?