Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Having Fun with Gimmicks

I'm not big on taking my photographs and tweaking them much. I try to recreate the image I see before me and not depend on gimmicks to make it "better."

However, I am trying to learn how to have more fun with photography, and maybe create some unique images for competitions, cards and family fun.

Tonight my daughter sent a couple of photos taken during Spirit Week, where she teaches, and I decided to make them true "spirit" week photos. I simply imported the photos into Picnik, and used their special Halloween effects. This type of tweaking may have possibilities!

9 comments:

joyce said...

That first one really is cool! You're the only other person I've heard of who uses picnik.....I really like it, except for having to upload the pictures into it first! I'd like a program that just opens automatically when you open any picture in your computer.

Laura said...

Hi Sandy - love your results, especially the first one :> I'm getting more & more into altering / manipulating photos, I think I enjoy it so much cause there's no mess to clean up when I'm done!

kendalee said...

Lots of fun! :)

ols1 said...

They are really cool photos - I just love picnik - you can get some great results.

Sandy K. said...

I know what you mean about picnik, as far as having to load your pictures first. But I love the creative options.

Christine said...

I've never looked better! Thanks for enhancing my appearance, Mom! Ha ha!

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Hihi done a great job here. You Americans and Halloween....;-) Love the way you enjoy it all. We don't have it here at all.

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

How fun! Never heard of picnic before. Happy Fall!

Sandy K. said...

Fun to play when I can. I really want to learn more about Photoshop. Does anyone know how to find more time in their day?