Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mid-summer's Soire

{click on photo to enlarge image}
Being part of a larger picture, such as the Blogosphere, has created opportunities for interesting adventures. One of which is the challenges issued as far as types of photographs to capture, and another are the "get-togethers" planned by one or many. Tomorrow, Kendalee is hosting a mid-summer's picnic, and all are invited to attend. I will be out of town and will be "fashionably late" in attendance, but others will be right on time, I'm sure.

So I use this photograph I took while enjoying another part of my "job" as photographer, shooting high school dramatic productions, by way of replying to the invitation, and showcasing just one more way you can become involved with photography. This also models another creative outlet for the students, and is much more interesting than shooting portraits, in my opinion. I do photographs of the cast members, and a cast photo, but there's a whole different feel to this type of photo shoot. More energy and creativity, I think.

I hope to see you at the picnic, and back here. I will be gone on a little adventure in just a few minutes, returning Thursday evening. For those of you who will miss a Black and White post this Wednesday, don't worry. Next week will be worth waiting for.

9 comments:

Char said...

what fun!!! have a great time

joyce said...

OOhhh, I love that picture. The first thought that came to my mind, strange as it may seem, is "That would make a wonderful jigsaw puzzle!"

kendalee said...

Thank you Sandy for accepting the invitation... I look forward to seeing you in your beautiful vintage outfit and the cake sounds absolutely delicious!!! Don't worry about being a little late - it's an all-day, all-night do so we'll still be around when you drop by and I can't wait to hear about your latest adventure... :)

Relyn said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your images of the picnic.

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Sandy,
You were my winner in my giveaway! You have won a Wildflower Studio purple Caribbean Dream Tote! :)
Come see the post on my blog!
Shell

ols1 said...

Gorgeous photo - I hope you enjoy the picnic :)

Sarah said...

Nice to meet you. Love the vintage photo.
Hope you have fun on your adventures!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Hi Sandy! You won my Purple Caribbean Dream Tote bag in the Wildflower Studio Giveaway! YAY!
Come on over to my blog and see how the process went.
xo
Shell

Sandy K. said...

It WOULD make a good jig saw puzzle:). Maybe I can offer that option in my sales pitch.