Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time to Fly

Time to fly away for a few days.

Finishing up the teaching semester this week, we head to Chicago for a long weekend. Our son-in-law will graduate with his doctorate from Northern Illinois University, and we will be able to enjoy time with him, our daughter, and their fabulous 2 year old. I hope the weather holds....there are kodak-moments everywhere!
This little Golden-crowned Kinglet hit our dining room window one morning and took some time to recouperate. Eventually he found his strength and flew away. Just lovely.

3 comments:

Annette Bruton said...

Hi there - I really appreciated your comment left on my quilt blog. Douglas Bruton also says hi - we are both very impressed by your wonderful pictures. You seem to be a really creative all rounder. I was interested to see that like Douglas and I you are also a educator.

I am sure your grandchildren appreciate your many talents!
Annette B

Sandy K. said...

Thank you for the kind words. We do love our photography, and family. An adventure on top of it...priceless:). The two of you sound an interesting, and creative, pair as well.

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

What a sweet little bird. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip (I read the newer posts). Have so much fun in Chicago!