Monday, May 18, 2009

Blue Monday Bursts Forth

Opening the door to color week we start with BLUE. This is not a difficult color to find, yet to find unique images of this color was the challenge. These doors were a perfect start.





An arts and crafts festival brought me a second blue find - the eyes on this giant sculpture caught my eye as they reflected the blue sky. Such fun!








A cold night, with a freeze warning (in MAY) triggered a trip to the yarn basket, and my knitting project. The fire in the background is to demonstrate, again, the fickle weather in Michigan.

And last, but not least, Blue is not complete without some sort of water picture. This beautiful tiled fountain was a treasure found at the Bahai Temple, north of Chicago last weekend. Blue is everywhere.....and happens to be my favorite color! Great start of the week for me!

12 comments:

Kamana said...

oh the shade of blue on the yarn! i'm thinking of lots of ways i could use that. lovely.

hellosweetworld said...

Cool water fountain shot! Happy Blue Monday to ya!

pen* said...

oh this is going to be a colour full week :)
great pics and look forward to more!

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Wonderful photo's you're showing us. I wanna be were that fountain is. sigh, love to listen to running water.

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

I really just love these! Especially the fountain and yarn! All these blues make me feel so tranquil!

Freshly Found said...

Lovely to get a peep into your blue world! Those doors are just so photogenic! And the wool too!

kendalee said...

Gorgeous blues! I love the mosaic tiles in that fountain especially...

Happy blue Monday to you! :)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Gorgeous blue - I love the bug's eyes!

Happy Blue Day!

LifeIsArt said...

Great blues! The yarn reminds me of my Mother! Beautiful.

Chris said...

I love how deep and textured the blues are in your images. Lovely!

Sandy K. said...

Thank you all for checking in. This is a wonderful way to freshen my photography eyes - I felt a bit stale!

Amy Nieto said...

My fave color, as well. :)