Skip to main content

To Everything there is a Season

 
To Everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven.

Thank you to The Byrds for creating a haunting folk tune which stands the test of time, bringing Ecclesiastes 3 to life.

However, as much as I do appreciate change, I sometimes have a difficult time giving up the old and familiar and favorite.


Like Autumn.  Michigan in Autumn is unbelievably breathtaking.  It has been a particularly beautiful one this year, or we have just been able to be out and enjoy it more, and I hate to file my photographs away just yet.  We have seen a few snowflakes, which are admit-ably beautiful, but I don't want to see Fall go.  


A time to be born, and a time to die; 
a time to plant, and a time to reap

So here is some of the fall harvest from my collection  - does anyone else have an image they would like to share?  You can send it to me and I will post a Reader's Collection, or you can send a link to your own testimony to the beauty of nature.
Enjoy!



Comments

Jeanie said…
These are stunning, Sandy. Each and every one.
S. Etole said…
You have such vibrant color. The bush with the berries is beautiful.
Jeanie said…
Sandy, this post means all the more to me after looking out my window the past couple of days! I wish it still looked as beautiful and colorful as your photos.
S. Etole said…
The color is fantastic.
S. Etole said…
Wishing you all the best for the coming New Year.

Popular posts from this blog

100 Blessings

It's funny how a project takes on a life of its own. I started out making a list of things I'd like to take pictures of - piles of M&M's, rocks on the beach, license plates hanging on an old garage door. Then I decided it would be interesting to find 100 items about "me," celebrating my 100th post with items about me/my life/etc. This way I could tie my compulsion to blog in to my theme. So, I started THAT list. And when I was done I decided all the things I was collecting, ideas as well as items, were actually blessings. Things about my life that make me who I am and allow me to keep striving to be the best I can be at what I do. Each activity isn't necessarily a blessing, it's my ability to do the things I love to do, and be with the people I love to be with. This became an introspective activity, and that's probably where I am in my life right now. If the shoe fits..., so to speak. So, welcome to my 100th Post ! Without everyone I've met thr...

Celebrating 100 Posts - A Challenge

Yes, we are closing in on our 100th post . Truly amazing. Thank you for reading and participating, helping keep the ideas, words and photos flowing. In honor of this momentous occasion, let's have a party. A party where "100" is featured. Do not become concerned if an idea doesn't pop into your head right away. You have one week to come up with something which includes 100 . Think party, celebration and fun. Think creatively. Think challenge. Photography is about expressing yourself, and challenging yourself. Here's a real stretcher! Celebrate with us by posting a photo (or series) which depicts the number 100 in some way. Let me know if you're going to participate and I'll create a way for everyone to link to each other's pages - chuckling, laughing, crying and surprising. You'll be amazed what you see when you start looking. Still at a loss? Here is a non-exhaustive look at the number 100: 100 years ago (something nostalgic- there's wigg...

Adventure Spots - Ours and Yours

It's June. Officially a summer month, and one I have always loved. It's also a time when I start thinking about having an adventure...to some beautiful, place more distant than my town. Last summer we had a wonderous trip through the western national parks, and spent a little time on the Oregon coast. The Columbia River gorge is beautiful - lush and exotic, fragrant, and heady with motion and sound. The waterfalls are astounding - and we love Multomah falls particularly. There's an upper and lower falls, with hiking paths for those who want to get up close and personal. The regular tourist path is paved, and leads you to this footbridge, spanning the cliff walls between upper and lower falls. Stunning. Where is one of your favorite adventure spots, and why does it touch your soul?