Skip to main content

Published, and Tired

 
 It has happened...our book is published and the hard work was well worth it.  Amazon is now carrying the book, and it will be on Kindle as well as with select book sellers soon.
 
I Was There...The First Christmas.  It sounds like a series, doesn't it?  Well, we shall see.  Right now a rest is in order as it seems as if this has consumed us for years.   Oh!  It has!  Though the stories in this book are written by a number of contributors, it feels as if we've written them, too.  We have woven a big picture with all the little pieces, and the product is a lovely study book for the Advent season.
 
We knew there wouldn't be many photographs in this book, so what you see here is what you will see in the book.  This stain-glass star is meaningful to me, as it comes from broken stained glass windows in our church.  It is truly a guiding star - for this book as well as for me.
 
And the cover?  Taken in Ghana two years ago, I passed this tree every day as I came and went from my school visits.  Ray Francis, the co-author of this book, has also been to this spot, so we decided it was quite fitting to make it our cover.  Again, a guiding star, but from a part of the world which played prominently in our early history.
 
So now that this journey is off and running, what's next?  Time will tell, but all these ideas which churn inside my head are ready to take on form and substance.  After a rest.  Yes, after a rest.
 
Enjoy!

Comments

Meri said…
What a beautiful and worthwhile endeavor. Bravo to you and everyone who participated!
S. Etole said…
Congratulations on this special event.
Sandy K. said…
Thank you, Meri and Sue. What an experience! Have a wonderful Advent season!
Relyn Lawson said…
Congratulations! You must be thrilled.
Dagmar said…
Wow a book uh. Good on you and congratulations.
Hugs Dagmar
Relyn Lawson said…
I've been missing my blog-hopping time, and I wanted to pop in with a quick hello. Plus, I wanted to congratulate you. I hope that you are very proud. I would be. I hope you are having a very, very wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas, friend.

Popular posts from this blog

100 Blessings

It's funny how a project takes on a life of its own. I started out making a list of things I'd like to take pictures of - piles of M&M's, rocks on the beach, license plates hanging on an old garage door. Then I decided it would be interesting to find 100 items about "me," celebrating my 100th post with items about me/my life/etc. This way I could tie my compulsion to blog in to my theme. So, I started THAT list. And when I was done I decided all the things I was collecting, ideas as well as items, were actually blessings. Things about my life that make me who I am and allow me to keep striving to be the best I can be at what I do. Each activity isn't necessarily a blessing, it's my ability to do the things I love to do, and be with the people I love to be with. This became an introspective activity, and that's probably where I am in my life right now. If the shoe fits..., so to speak. So, welcome to my 100th Post ! Without everyone I've met thr...

Celebrating 100 Posts - A Challenge

Yes, we are closing in on our 100th post . Truly amazing. Thank you for reading and participating, helping keep the ideas, words and photos flowing. In honor of this momentous occasion, let's have a party. A party where "100" is featured. Do not become concerned if an idea doesn't pop into your head right away. You have one week to come up with something which includes 100 . Think party, celebration and fun. Think creatively. Think challenge. Photography is about expressing yourself, and challenging yourself. Here's a real stretcher! Celebrate with us by posting a photo (or series) which depicts the number 100 in some way. Let me know if you're going to participate and I'll create a way for everyone to link to each other's pages - chuckling, laughing, crying and surprising. You'll be amazed what you see when you start looking. Still at a loss? Here is a non-exhaustive look at the number 100: 100 years ago (something nostalgic- there's wigg...

Adventure Spots - Ours and Yours

It's June. Officially a summer month, and one I have always loved. It's also a time when I start thinking about having an adventure...to some beautiful, place more distant than my town. Last summer we had a wonderous trip through the western national parks, and spent a little time on the Oregon coast. The Columbia River gorge is beautiful - lush and exotic, fragrant, and heady with motion and sound. The waterfalls are astounding - and we love Multomah falls particularly. There's an upper and lower falls, with hiking paths for those who want to get up close and personal. The regular tourist path is paved, and leads you to this footbridge, spanning the cliff walls between upper and lower falls. Stunning. Where is one of your favorite adventure spots, and why does it touch your soul?